Saturday, May 22, 2010

I love having a house. It's like, something to live for. I know it's not really, I know there are loftier things to really live for... and but you know how much meaning it adds to a routine that when you come home you've got all kinds of things waiting for you to do, things that won't get done without you? Well. Hmm. I wasn't so excited when I first moved in and realized the shower only went up to lukewarm. However, my big brother saved the day and confirmed my suspicion that there was some kind of adjustable thing there..... took apart the knob and turned it hotter!

Meanwhile my kitchen faucet became more and more of a trickle. The inspector had checked the screen and said it was fine, so I was slow to check it again. Well, the aerator gadget is what needed cleaned out, and I'm surprised the inspector didn't know that, but it did provide me a very satisfying opportunity to fix something on my own.

Today my new roommate's dad helped me crank up the water heater a notch so that we can spread out the hot water over more than one shower. :-)

Sadly, I still haven't done any artwork. But I'm not stressing out about it. I have enough art for a show already, and though I would like to have some new stuff for the upcoming exhibit, that's a self-imposed ideal. So I'm not worried about it. And not worrying is wonderful. Wonderful. I've had an epiphany, I think.... Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for fixing things :)

    You have a roommate? Cool!

    Glad all is going well.

    ReplyDelete