Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mastermind

Something I've been thinking about. It is not enough for the Divine Creator to have 'the greatest magic'... to create something out of nothing, it wasn't like a magical "let there be light." If it was as simple as that, then there would've had to be a pre-existing *something* which could obey (Ok, so maybe "nothingness" could obey and become "something").

I'm driving at the unfathomable brilliance of God's mind. In creating light, He created every property of light. The properties of different frequencies. The anomalies. The speed.

In creating plants, he created every property of the plants. Every. single. property. The root system, the cells of the root system, the parts of the cells..the molecules...atoms...so on... Even the properties of edibility.

"Let there be" was no wish proclaimed lavishly by a very wealthy king, with servants who could make those things happen. No. God, in his omnipotence, omniscience, and benevolence created a master blueprint of all blueprints. I don't know if He created the entire plan at the same moment he said "let there be." But without it, he was just Very powerful, not the Creator of all things.


---------
--------I shouldn't make this be one blog.... but I am. I'm sorry. Big leap here:
--------

Snuggly
There's something perversely idyllic about being in bed with thick blankets and no obligation to do anything. Because you're sick. I'm not saying I like having a headache or shivering madly, but those feelings are strongest when I am sick and not bedded down. Here I am, not ready to go to sleep for the night, and suddenly there's no frenzy. No frenzy that says, "I'll just skim these blogs, even though I see they are very interesting." No frenzy that says, "I'll feel ready to go to bed when I've made some calls, written another entry in my scrap journal, put away my laundry, written a song." you name it. It's like life comes to a screeching halt, and in the silence I hear better, listen better, and face my delusions.

The thing is, once you're snuggled down in bed like that, how do you know when you're well? 'Cause there are those days, you know, when you just feel allergic to being awake & out of bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love your writings, girl!
    You write about the things I think about.. but have no idea how to describe.

    ReplyDelete