Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fever sleep

Pictures...twirling, layering, half-exposed
I'll join in, I'll help!
What am I helping?
focus...
why don't I know what this is?
why can't I think?
I'm really insane..I'm not thinking... I can't see...I'm scared...
I'll help... I'm helping...
at Feed the Children... is that where we are? Is that sense?
I can't tell.
Somewhere, with people, busy.
the partial exposures won't line up.
The others know what we're doing.
Why do they know and I don't?
Why can't I get my senses together?
What is?
Is this grayness-blur who I am?

I awoke and knew I was in bed, and dimly realized that I live in a reality that makes so much more sense. This would fade. But it didn't want to. I couldn't shake my head clear. I took my hands and clenched my skull, and it seemed to help. And I saw it was only 1:30 a.m.

Is my brain swollen with fever?
Am I damaging it by squeezing it?
What a funny thought.
I'm squeezing the pictures into focus by squeezing my head.
I really have a fever, don't I...
there is nothing in the pictures, is there...
it's all nothingness, almost-meanings.
Stop trying to put them together...

No comments:

Post a Comment